My workstation

Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

Roast lamb and veggies



On Thursday night I made a roast dinner. The recipe is based on a George Calombaris recipe that I found in Good Food Magazine. I used a 1.3 kg boneless lamb shoulder and cooked it and the veggies in my Chasuer Cast Iron French Oven.

Rosemary and Garlic are inserted in the lamb, which is then brushed with a paste of cumin, Cobram Estate olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast at 180 degrees c for about 1.5 hours - depending on how you like the meat We eat it rare to medium rare.

The veggies go underneath the meat with about 40 minutes to go. Sweet potato, potato and baby carrots. I just drizzled olive oil over them and sprinkled a hand full of cumin over and seasoned them also. I put some garlic cloves and sprigs of rosemary in here too, and a quartered onion.

I rest the lamb wrapped in foil for about 20 minutes before carving. In this time I baked asparagus and green beans with a crust of breadcrumbs and Parmesan.

Add some Gravox to the liquids at the bottom of the pan for gravy, and don't forget the fluids from the rested lamb - that adds the best flavours.

Paired with an Audrey Wilkinson Merlot from our very own Hunter Valley- delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment