My workstation

Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Lamb Pot Pies




On Sunday night we made pot pies with the left over roast lamb. This time we roughly followed a recipe from taste.com. The mixture was cooked in the Chasseur, and the pies were cooked in a 200 degree C oven in ramekins.




Scott browned the onion and garlic with some chilli and coriander in the Chasseur while I cut the lamb into small cubes, along with some sweet potato and carrot. Since the lamb was already cooked we didn't want to cook it for too long because it would go chewy. Instead we added it with the veggies, a can of tomatoes, some tomato paste and stock. I also threw in a hand full of peas.

We simmered the mixture with the lid on till the sweet potato was soft - but not completely cooked - since the pies still had about 20 minutes to cook in the oven. I wanted to be really careful not to overcook the lamb.


At this stage I cut two sheets of puff pastry into quarters. After about 15 minutes I spooned the mixture into ramekins, and covered each with two squares of puff pastry, one over the other like an eight pointed star. I scored a cross on top of each and washed them with some water. They cooked in the oven for about 20 minutes, until the pastry was golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment